Suppose you have stayed and worked in a specific regional area of Australia while holding a particular Australian visa for a considerable period. In that case, you can consider applying for the Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887. It is a skilled work visa that lets an overseas applicant stay permanently. Many people choose Regional Australia over metropolitan cities because of the laid-back lifestyle and the lower costs associated. Skilled Visa 887 gives them the perfect opportunity to permanently live in their desired area. Read this post to learn how you can obtain this visa hassle-free.
What Benefits Can You Get as a Permanent Resident?
As the holder of Visa 887, you can do the following things.
- You can work full-time for an Australian employer and study your favorite course at an Australian institute.
- As a permanent resident, you will be able to enrol in Medicare, the public health care scheme of Australia.
- You can travel in and out of Australia whenever you wish for the next 5 years from the visa grant.
- You can sponsor the visa applications of your relatives who want to come to Australia.
- After residing for several years, you can apply for citizenship.
- In the application, you can also include your immediate family members, such as your spouse or partner and your dependent children.
Meeting the Eligibility Criteria – Your First Step to Permanent Residency
Before starting your application procedure, it is worth checking whether you meet all the Subclass 887 Visa eligibility criteria.
Holding a Particular Visa
At the time of your application, you have to be inside Australia and hold an eligible visa, including:
- Subclass 487 Visa
- Subclass 489 Visa
- Subclass 475 Visa
- Subclass 496 Visa
- Subclass 495 Visa
Holding a relevant bridging visa after making a 495, 489, or 487 Subclass Visa will also make you eligible.
This condition applies to the dependent applicants, too.
Whichever visa you have held, make sure that you have remained compliant with its conditions.
You should have lived for a minimum of 2 years on one of those visas in a:
- Low-population growth metropolitan or regional area in the case of a state government nomination
- Designated regional area when a relative has sponsored you
At least 12-month work experience is required. Conditions are the same as that associated with the residence requirements.
- When a state government has nominated you, you should have worked in a regional or low-population growth metropolitan area.
- Working in a designated regional area is needed if a relative has sponsored you.
English Language Requirement
For Visa 887, it is crucial to have a functional level of English proficiency.
Meeting Health and Character Requirements
All the applicants included in the application need to meet the necessary health and character requirements.
Completing the Step-by-step Application Procedure – Your Next Step to Permanent Residency
Once you see that you satisfy all the 887 Visa Australia requirements, it is time to start your application procedure. Like any other application, a visa application also involves several steps to complete, and because Australian Immigration is strict about official procedures, make sure you take extra care.
Before beginning the procedure, there are several things you need to do.
- You may hire a registered migration agent Adelaide. These agents are trained and experienced in handling migration cases and thus can let you know the tricks to receive your visa on the first attempt. If you decide to hire such a professional, do it before starting the application procedure.
- Check whether your passport is valid.
Next comes gathering the documents. This step is vital, and you must be careful about the accuracy of the information you are submitting. The required documents are as follows.
- Passport and a national id card
- Name change proof, if required
- Work documents, including employment references, superannuation documents, copies of bank statements showing your salary deposits, contracts, etc.
- BAS documents, business registration documents, contracts or franchise agreements, audited financial statements, etc., when you are self-employed
- Leases or rental agreements, school reports for children, and utility bills as your residence documents
- Marriage or divorce certificate, statutory declarations, or separation documents, depending on your relationship status
- AFP certificate to prove that you have a good character
- Military service or discharge records, if applicable
- A minimum score of 4.5 in each component of IELTS to prove that you have a functional level of English
- Identity documents, English language documents, and related documents for your partner
- Adoption papers or birth certificates for dependent children under 18
- A filled-in parental consent form
- A completed form 956 when you hire a migration agent or a migration lawyer
Complete the Application
Because you will apply online, you have to scan all these documents. Once gathered, it is time to upload them. At this step, you must also complete the application fee payment. Currently, it is AUD425.
The Department of Home Affairs will inform you whenever they receive your application.
- They may ask you to undergo health examinations.
- They may need biometrics. You do not need to worry about it because the authority will let you know.
- You need to provide them with additional information whenever they ask you for it.
- You have the option to correct mistakes in your application.
- If any change occurs, let the Department know about it as soon as possible.
Regardless of the outcome, the Department of Home Affairs will inform you about the Visa Subclass 887 application outcome via email.
If your application is successful, your email will include:
- The date of your visa grant
- Visa grant number
- Visa conditions
However, even if your application gets refused, you will know the reasons behind it and whether you have the option to review the decision.
If your documents are not in English, you have to get them translated. If you hire an Australian translator, ensure that they have accreditation with the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters.
The guidance from an immigration agent Adelaide will ease the whole process. Before you hire such a professional, check their reputation in the industry.