Reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop with the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool is one of the time-saving solutions for many QB Desktop difficulties. A fresh installation of QuickBooks may resolve different difficulties with your program. As a result, you must complete the whole Clean Installation process. It entails uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop for Windows, renaming the installation directories, and then reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop using the QB clean install software. Don’t worry; it may appear complicated to you, but it is a relatively straightforward process.
Why Do We Require the QuickBooks Clean Install Utility?
Without the need a doubt, using the QuickBooks Clean Install program is required to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks desktop application. We’ve listed some of the scenarios in which using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool Exe becomes essential.
- If you see an issue when attempting to open more than one business file.
- When QuickBooks displays installation problems.
- A simple QuickBooks reinstall did not assist you in resolving common problem codes.
Precautions When Using the Clean Install Tool to Install QuickBooks Desktop
To avoid file or data loss, you must take a few precautionary procedures before beginning to Clean and install QuickBooks Desktop. Below are all of these elements discussed:
- Download the most recent version of the QuickBooks desktop program.
- Make a note of the year and version of your product.
- To avoid data loss, make a backup copy of your corporate file.
- You’ll be prompted to input the License and Product Number immediately after uninstalling and reinstalling the QuickBooks desktop program. As a result, you must keep it handy. It can be found in the original packaging or the purchase confirmation email.
How do I Use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for QuickBooks Desktop?
QB Desktop Clean Installation using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool addresses numerous corporate files and software damage concerns.QB clean install tool resolves many errors like Quickbooks error 1722, QB error 1603, error 1612, Quickbooks error 6189, and so on. The clean install process using the QB clean install tool consists of three major steps: –
- QuickBooks Desktop should be uninstalled.
- Rename the installation directories
- Reinstall QuickBooks on your desktop computer.
Step 1: Remove QuickBooks Desktop.
To begin the QuickBooks program clean installation procedure, uninstall/remove the existing QB version from your Windows machine. Follow the instructions below to remove QBD without losing any data in the process.
- Locate and open the Control Panel on your computer.
- Choose Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- Select the QuickBooks Desktop version that is causing you problems from the list of apps.
- Uninstall the QB desktop by selecting Change/Uninstall at the top of the list. (Be sure you have admin privileges to do this operation.)
Step 2: Launch the Clean Install Utility.
The Clean Install Tool names the old install directories on its own. This functionality enables QuickBooks to add fresh install files every time the QB program is reinstalled.
- Select Installation Issues from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Then, choose Clean Install Tool and then OK.
- You must also pick your QuickBooks and product version before clicking Continue.
- When you get the message “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location,” click OK.
When the procedure is finished, you may begin reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 3: Re-install the QuickBooks Desktop
If you’re changing the QB desktop installation directories, you can download QuickBooks Desktop and reinstall it by following the procedures below:
- If you have the CD, plug it into the computer and follow the on-screen directions to finish the installation.
- If you purchased QuickBooks from the Intuit website, you can get your version from the QuickBooks Product Download Page.
- Run the downloaded setup when it has finished downloading. At this stage, you will be prompted to input the license and product number from your CD box or online order email.
You can finish the remaining stages with the assistance of a wizard:
- Accept the terms of the licensing agreements by clicking Next. Click Next once more.
- When prompted, enter your License and Product Number and click Next.
In this blog, we will cover some genuine information about the Quickbooks clean install tool. It is our hope that you will be able to understand this topic easily.