When it comes to education quality and attractive job opportunities, Australia always features on the top of the list. If you have skills and relevant knowledge in your field of specialization, it will never be challenging to find a job. However, there has been a change in this scenario in the last few years.
So, if you have graduated with an Accounting degree from an Australian university, consider enrolling in a professional year program Accounting. It will help you gain knowledge and experience to overcome the challenges lying in a professional career path in Australia. This program is previously known as SMIPA (Skilled Migration Internship Program: Accounting), recognized by the DHA (Department of Home Affairs). This post gives you a brief understanding of its course structure.
The Course Structure of an Accounting Professional Year Program
Before you enroll in an Accounting PYP, it will be crucial to know its course structure. This is a 44-week program, divided into 32 weeks of formal theoretical training and 12 weeks of the internship program. The course components are discussed here.
As we have mentioned, the initial course stage consists of 32 weeks of classroom lessons focused on specific subjects. Qualified trainers will teach you, allowing you to gain valuable insights into the subject required to become a successful professional in your respective field.
Their training will help you develop confidence in building professional relationships with colleagues, associates, clients, and managers.
These classes cover the following essential topics.
Australian Workplace Culture and Practices
To work successfully for an Australian organization, it will be necessary to be aware of the Australian workplace culture and practices. A PYP in Accounting will help you learn Australian workplace norms and the professional behavior you have to maintain at your workplace. You can understand the local terms, which will allow you to communicate with the Aussies.
Working Effectively with Diversity
In Australia, people from different countries and cultural backgrounds live together. It gives rise to a diverse work culture that you must understand before entering your company. An Accounting professional year will help you identify the role diversity plays in a professional’s success.
Professional Performance Teamwork
We know teamwork makes the dream work. Becoming a competent team member is one of the key requirements in the workplace. During your PYP Accounting, you will get the opportunity to study team dynamics and how you can work efficiently as a part of a big team. Your teachers will help you sharpen your teamwork skills and grow your workplace networks.
Professional Performance Innovation
If you aim to stand out in your workplace, focus on innovation. Make the most of this course to learn how to think a little differently and implement those thoughts in your real-life workplace situations. Such reflective thinking will help you review your progress throughout the course.
You will also go through targeted exercises that will help you focus on different areas of expertise.
The theoretical and practical training will make you job-ready. But a proper submission of a job application is always necessary. Your PYP Accounting course will help you prepare your resume and job application in the most convincing way.
Cracking a job interview also requires many skills, and you can only develop them through regular practice.
The classroom sessions will help you learn these skills. In addition, you will also get the opportunity to apply these skills in mock interviews. The interviewer will provide you with feedback on your weaknesses and strengths. These tips will help you make significant improvements.
Introduction to the Business Communication
To work in the accounting sector, you have to start thinking like a business professional. This topic will also help you develop the necessary teamwork and communication skills to implement in real-life situations.
Whichever professional area you choose, you have to give project-related presentations. You can use the valuable feedback your teachers provide and improve the quality.
Business Writing and Reports
Last but not least, you will learn the techniques to write engaging business communications for a particular target audience while keeping a specific objective in mind. This training will help you receive your audience’s attention from the very beginning.
Accounting Professional Work Integrated Learning Placement and Internship Program
Once your theoretical lessons are over, you can start your internship training, covering the remaining 12 weeks. It gives direct exposure to Australian workplace culture.
You can take this skill-specific internship program at a reputed company in Australia and input your theoretical knowledge into practical implementation. In this way, an internship program helps people gain relevant work experience, which they can mention during their job interviews and in their curriculum vitae.
Keep in mind that a team of placement experts will guide the internship program in the accounting domain. They will consider your ability to learn and perform, academic qualification, areas of interest, career goals, and aspirations.
Placement programs are nothing but job interviews.
Because you have gained sufficient knowledge about professional culture, ethics, and expectation, it will not be a difficult task for you to appear for job interviews.
Check the Entry Requirements Before You Enrol
To be eligible for the professional year program Accounting in Adelaide, it will be necessary to fulfill the following eligibility requirements.
- You should have earned an Accounting degree after studying for a minimum of 2 years in Australia.
- Holding a valid visa is essential. Make sure you have applied for a Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485.
- To prove you are proficient in English, you must provide the result of an English language test like IELTS. The minimum overall band score should be 6, with 6 in each test component.
- Provide a Migration Skills Assessment outcome letter issued by a professional association of Accounting.
- A valid passport will be required as identity proof.
- You will also need to fill out a questionnaire and appear for a pre-enrolment interview.
Why Should You Enrol in a Top-Rated Institution for Your PYP Accounting?
When it comes to enrolment, you must always go for a top-ranked institution for a superior quality of education. There are other benefits, too.
- They are certified and licensed providers of professional accounting courses. So, there will be no need to worry about authenticity.
- These institutes recruit qualified teachers who have experience providing training in industry-specific development programs. Thus, they know the correct way to prepare students to achieve their professional goals efficiently and quickly.
- You can also learn from industry leaders who have mentored a variety of successful individuals.
- One of the most significant benefits of enrolling in a leading institution is the job placement rate. Usually, 100% of participants can find suitable jobs in their respective fields.
- You will learn through interactive sessions where each student receives individual attention. So, whenever you have any doubts, you can ask your teacher to resolve them.
- These institutes partner with some of the leading Australian companies. It ensures the best quality training for you.
Doing a professional year course Adelaide will help you find a lucrative job in the Australian job market and award you with 5 points towards your PR visa application. So, make sure that you have chosen your institute wisely and completed the course units successfully.