HP is a very popular brand of electronic and I don’t think so that it need any sort of introduction. As this article is an honest review of Hp smart array p411 so lets get started without wasting our precious time!
It fulfills all the basic requirements of todays data storage need in our devices. That are:
- It provides excellent manageability
- The facility of Data availability
- High performance
- Helps in capacity growth
Short and basic description of the product
Hp offers variety of cards and smart array P411 is the most popular among them. The smart array P411 is an adapter and a RAID controller of HP’s express serial attached SCSI. It has variety of cache options to enhance performance. This inexpensive card is ideal for RAID 0,1,1+0,5,5+0,6. It has 0.6gbps SAS2 and SATA 3 controller, it has battery kit, flash backed write cache, weight is 2lbs, has external connects, low profile PCle with eight SFT- 8088 ports linked by SFT-8088 connectors. It can be upgraded till 256MB cache model and it uses PDR-2-800 memory.
Key Features of Hp smart array p411
- Low profile PCL express from factor, ships in the deployment of either full sized slot or low profile for full size bracket.
- Up to 64 drivers can be supported by SAp411 controller, the cache
- The expander connection supports up to 102 drivers
- Cache module (256MB 40-bit wide DDR2-800 MHz)
- Has optional battery upgrade
- Moreover the Hp smart array P411 controller supports:
HP Storage work D2700 disk enclosure
HP storage work 60 modular smart array
HP storage work D2600 disk enclosure
HP storage work 70 modular smart array
- In a single logical device it supports more than 2 TB
- Also support for SAS for tape product is available
- The facility to deploy drive technology as needed to fit users computing environment by mix-match SAS and SATA hard drivers
- 6GB per second SaaS technology which contains full compatibility with three GB per second SATA technology data bandwidth and high performance.
- X8 PCL express host interface technology delivers data bandwidth up to 2GB per second bandwidth and delivers high performance.
- The eight SAS ports are distributed across two external connections.
- Offline mirror splitting and recombining
Online management features of HP smart array P411
- Options to select cache size ratio by users.
- Online array expansion.
- Option to select a RAID level at strip size
- Online logical drive extension
- Option to select, expand and rebuild priority online.
- Online migration at raid level
- Ultimate global online spare assignment
- Online strip size migration
Advantages of Hp smart array of P411 use
- It has pre failure warranty
The Hp sites allows its users an option of replacement of failing drivers before the actual failure. And it also does report when a driver is going to fail.
- Easy upgrades
For the higher capacity, performance and availability; you can easily and quickly do upgrades at anytime you want.
- Data compatibility
The generations of HP smart array P11 understands the formats of other controllers.
- The universal hard drive
It is used in several ways that is: It is used to migrate data between systems, used across multiple HP services ability to deploy and redeploy drivers to quickly deliver increased storage capacity, used for storage system, used for disk enclosure, also easily manages spare devices.
An enhanced performance of Hp smart array:
The performance of hardware is enhanced with following:
- SAS topologies and zoning
- Multi-core multi-processing engine
- SAS-2 enhancement to cabling and connectors.
- Hardware tuning that includes customized connection settings
- Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and its interoperability with Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA)
- Advanced caching capabilities
- Standard technologies that contribute to Smart Array performance include:
- PCIe bus
Data transfer rate: 6GB per second
Warranty: three years replacement warranty
Number of ports: 8
Rate levels: 6,5,1+0,5+0,0
Form factor: plug-in cards
Host interface: PCL express 2.0 X 8
Total number of sauce parts: 2
Platform supported: PC
Rate support: yes
Number of SAS ports external: 2
Number of SAS ports internal: 2
Controller type: Serial ATA 1600
That’s it! It is all about Hp smart array p411 offered by famous brand, Hp. It is a card not easily available because Hp is the only server provider. We have researched about it and gathers the useful knowledge. Now you are wise enough to decide what to do next!!!