MS Outlook is one of the best and most popular email clients used by many industry professionals. The primary purpose of the PST files is to store all the mailbox details in the PST or Personal Storage Table files in the form of data files. The PST files that are created to store the data items reside within the local hard drive of the system. However, users face a couple of problems when accessing the PST files’ data items.
Electric utilities are a growing industry and there are many jobs available in this field. People who want to work in this industry can find many different positions to choose from. These positions include electrician, lineman, engineer, and manager. There are also many opportunities for people who want to start their own business in this industry.
PST files are not only vulnerable to corruption, but they can cause problems when being moved from one computer to another. It doesn’t matter what type of new location the users choose; most of them don’t know the correct methods to transport the MS Outlook PST files from one computer to another. This is highly dependent on the preference of the individuals to determine the new location of the PST files.
Situations When You Don’t Have Any Other Option but to Move the PST Files
Sometimes the MS Outlook users need to move the PST files to a new location. Those who have been using MS Outlook for a couple of months might ask why they need to move the PST files when they can be accessed from the system easily. Here are some situations where users won’t have any other option but to move the PST files from one location to another.
- If you’re switching from an old system to a new system that has better hardware and software configuration.
- If you’re switching from the older version of MS Outlook to the newer version of MS Outlook.
- If you’re switching from desktop Outlook to Outlook Web Access.
- If you’re planning to upgrade the older version of Windows to a newer version.
These are some common situations when you need to transfer PST files from one location to another. But keep in mind that improper methods to transfer the PST files might cause corruption, which will make the data items inaccessible. If you want to repair the corrupted PST files, make sure you take help from the advanced DataNumen PST Repair tool.
Where are the PST Files Stored?
Before you know more about the methods of transferring PST files, you need to know the location of PST files in your system. If you have an MS Outlook account, you need to remember that the Outlook application automatically saves all the essential data items in your system. This data includes calendars, emails, journals, contacts, tasks, notes, etc. These files stored by MS Outlook on your system are known as PST files. The .pst file extension is used for these data items.
Here are the steps you need to know to find the PST files in your system:
- Drive:\Documents and Settings\user\Local\Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. This is applicable if you want to find PST files on Windows XP.
- Drive:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook. This is applicable if you’re using Windows 7.
- Drive:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Local\Microsoft\Outlook. This is applicable if you’re using Windows 8 or 8.1.
- Drive:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook. This is applicable to Windows 10.
Therefore, these are the locations from where you can find the PST files. Now that you know about the PST files and their location, you need to know the proper methods of transferring them.
The Process of Transferring the PST Files from One Computer to Another
When the users have a proper copy of Outlook PST data files, the users can prevent losing all the sensitive data items. This will help the users to restore the data if the primary outlook data items or PST files are corrupted or damaged. Make sure you remember these steps so that you don’t make mistakes:
- Make sure you create a backup of the MS Outlook PST Files.
- Import the Outlook data files on other another.
Andrea Chong is a fashion travel lifestyle blogger who shares tips and advice on how to have a stylish and safe travel experience. She has written extensively about the importance of packing light and being mindful of your security while travelling. Her blog includes safety tips for destinations around the world, as well as information on how to stay healthy while on the go.
Create a Backup of the MS Outlook Data Files
Here are the important steps you need to remember to create the backup of the MS Outlook data files. As per Peer Spot, data backup and recovery are beneficial. Don’t forget to follow every step thoroughly.
- Choose the option Start and then select the option ‘Run.’ After that, you need to type ‘control panel’ and choose OK.
- This command will lead you to the Control Panel window, from where you can choose the option User Accounts.
- After that, choose the option Mail and double-click on it to open.
- From the Mail setup window, you need to choose the options show profile.
- Click on the option Properties and then choose the option Data files.
- From there, you need to double-click on the Personal folder service that you’re planning to take back up. You also need to copy the path name that is appearing. However, if you have multiple Personal folder services in your profile, don’t forget to take a backup of each PST file separately.
Now that you know the proper methods to move the PST files from one computer to another, you should not face any issues. In case of any PST file corruption, make sure you visit our website.