Introduction to Disciplined Agile
Disciplined Agile is a toolbox that differentiates from the many Agile frameworks and practices available. As a practitioner, you are perplexed about whether practices, methodologies, or theories are appropriate for you. And it impedes your decision-making, and you’re usually stuck with one strategy or habit that isn’t helpful in every scenario. Disciplined Agile solves this need by leveraging all of the Agile practices and frameworks available and providing the correct tool (read practice or technique) for your context or scenario.
What exactly is Disciplined Agile?
Disciplined Agile (DA) is a toolkit that assists Agile teams and organizations select the best approach or choice for improving their way of working (WoW). Disciplined Agile, in essence, provides you the flexibility to pick an alternative or assists you in making a decision and does not confine you to a certain way because every scenario and team is unique. A disciplined Agile toolbox may help you make the right option and, over time, can help you develop and therefore make your Agile team more productive.
What are The Eight Disciplined Agile Principles
1. Impress Customers
2. Be Awesome
3. Be Practical
4. The Importance of Context
5. Improve Flow
6. Have Options
7. Business Awareness
8. Focus on Products and Services
What Is the Purpose of Disciplined Agile?
- Achieve Enterprise Agility
- Be More Effective at Work
- Increase Your WoW (Way of Working)
Advantages of Disciplined Agile
- Freedom to Choose
- Make a Decision Based on Your Team’s Context
- Leverages Many Agile Practices and Situations
Do you wish to push the boundaries of Disciplined Agile? Are you seeking tools to help you handle complicated challenges and improve your company’s agility? Do you want to understand how to inspire excellence in your team? Expand your understanding of Disciplined Agile, business agility, leadership, and team development, and gain practical skills in these areas.
Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM) Certification demonstrates how to utilize Disciplined Agile (DA) Methodology to enhance your team’s work.
What is Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM) Certification
The DASSM (Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master) Certification will prepare you to manage an Agile team or several agile teams and assist you in taking on more challenging tasks for your company. With DASSM, you’ll be well on your way to mastering the agile mindset and using the DA toolset to pick your WoW (Way of Working) for better results.
The Project Management Institute offers the Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master certification. DASSM (Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master) is a Disciplined Agile, advanced curriculum that will prepare you to lead an Agile team (or many teams) to take on more complicated and essential tasks for your organization.
DASSM certification is a fantastic place to start if you come from project management experience and are new to Agile-based working. The PMI DASSM certification is an associate-level (middle level) Disciplined Agile certification.
The following are the benefits of obtaining a DASSM Certification:
- It provides the tools, tactics, and direction needed to establish Agility for your team using Disciplined Agile. This allows you to chase value sooner than you would otherwise (Agility).
- It provides you with a thorough understanding of Disciplined Agile.
- DASSM prepares you to collaborate with high management and other functional units to show and achieve Agility.
- DASSM assists you in collaborating with Agile coaches and Disciplined Agile Coaches to instill Organizational or Enterprise Agility.
- In terms of certification, DASSM certification helps reduce the cost of DASM certification. In this example, you must keep the higher certificate (DASSM above DASM) as it is a prerequisite for Master Level Certification (i.e., DAC or DAVSC) in Disciplined Agile.
- DASSM is an excellent path for mastering Disciplined Agile and implementing it in your team and company.
Criteria of DASSM Training
- Experience working in an agile team for at least two years, preferably in a leadership capacity such as Disciplined Agile scrum master, scrum master, product owner, or architectural owner.
- A grasp of the DA tool kit’s principles as demonstrated by one or more of the following:
- Have you completed the Disciplined Agile Scrum Master (DASM) course and received your DASM certification
- Have you completed the online course The Basics of Disciplined Agile?
- Read at least part 1 of Choose Your WoW.
Who Should Take This Class?
Project/Program Managers, Agilists, and DevOps Practitioners who want to develop and validate their abilities to lead agile teams and manage high-profile agile initiatives may benefit from this DASSM course. Elegant experience of at least two years is necessary.
Details on Certification
To be considered for certification, attendees must be present (virtually or in-person) for the whole period of the course.
Each exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions and is administered online. The overall test time is 120 minutes, which includes 30 minutes for the introduction, lesson, and survey and up to 90 minutes for the exam itself.