Printers were essential in the 20th century. You can print any document you need with just a push of a button. Many customers still have issues printing their documents. The problem is when the Canon computer uses the printer and refuses to print the document. This error could occur when the canon printer is busy with other tasks. If you are the only user of the printer, this error may indicate that there is an issue. Start with the first solution provided below.
Start your computer’s Print Spooler Service:
Your computer’s Printer Spooler service may have been disabled and you might be experiencing an error.
Before you start, disconnect your computer and printer by either unplugging or turning off the internet. After following the steps below, connect the printer again.
- In the search box, type “Services” in front of the Windows icon.
- Click on “Services” in the search results.
- Find the Print Spooler service in the Services pane.
- Right-click the Print Spooler icon and choose “Restart” to restart it.
- Close the Services window. Restart your computer.
- Once again, connect the printer.
- You can check to make sure your issue is resolved after rebooting. Go to the fixes if your problem has not been solved. Also visit Truescoopnews.
Download the most recent printer driver:
If you are unable to resolve the problem with your other computers using the printer then it could be because of a defective or outdated printer driver. Then, under Device Manager, update your printer driver:
- To open the Run box press Windows+R.
- Enter devmgmt. MSC and the press are okay.
- Navigate to Printers, right-click your printer and select Update driver.
- Search for the latest driver software by selecting ‘Automatically.
Make your printer the default device.
You may be getting the message “Another computer uses Printer” while you work. This could be because the printer device that you are using isn’t set as your default printing device. These steps will make your printer the default print device for your computer.
- In the search box, type “printers and scanners” in the box beside the Windows icon. Select “Printers & scanners.”
- The right pane will now show a list with scanners and printers.
- Check the box next “Let Windows Control my default Printer”
- Select the printer you currently use from the list. Click on “Manage” after that.
Computer and Printer Power Flushes
- It is simple to turn off the power supply for the computer, printer, modem, and modem. This can be helpful if you have printing problems (in the case WiFi-connected Printers).
- The clearing of blocked processes, minor software errors, and resetting network settings can be accomplished by turning off the printer and computer and restarting them.
- Turn off your computer.
- Remove the power supply from both the computer AND the printer.
- After 5 minutes, reconnect your printer and computer to the power supply and then restart them.
- You can check to make sure you are able to print without a printer error message.
- Navigate to Settings > Security & Update.
- Click Troubleshoot on the next screen. In the right-hand window, click on Troubleshoot and Find and Repair Printing Problems.
- Next, click on the Run the Troubleshooter icon.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to help the Trouble-shooter locate and fix printing problems on your computer.
Creating Batch Files (Extended Solution 1)
If you find the solution does not work, but the problem continues to occur, you can create a batch file which will perform all the above tasks in one click. You will be able to save time by not having to repeat the above steps the next time it happens.
- Start File Explorer by pressing Windows + E. Next, click View, then Options and finally Change folder and search options.
- Check the box that says “Hide extensions to recognised file types.” This allows you to convert the text file into an executable batch file. We will do this later.
- In the filename, replace ‘.txt with ‘.bat. You may be prompted to complete the following steps by a pop-up window. Yes, please.
Double-clicking the icon will launch the spooler service without you needing to do anything else.
Connecting with a printer without using HTML0-WS
Two printers are more common for Canon printers than one. The first is a standard printer. The second has the same name, but with a ‘WS” at the end. This could be causing the printer to not print if you are connected to the WS printer. Many internet searches are conducted for the letter “WS” and many of these lead to web services. These are some names you might use to name your printer in the Devices window.
You can cancel all print jobs and start the spooler service again as shown above. Next, choose the standard printer. It will only have the model (no WS or XPS). Print anything to see if it works.
For the best advice, consult Epson Professionals Canon printer service center dubai. Our experts are well-trained and capable of solving your problem in no time.
Changing WSD Timeout (Advanced users):
WSD (Web Services for Devices), is a control system that automates the discovery, control and configuration of devices. WSD Timeout settings are known to be problematic. You can expand the settings to test if that helps.
Two methods can be used to change the WSD Timeout Setting. You can access your printer’s IP address via a web page. You can change the default option to take 10 minutes. Save your changes and exit. Make sure you end all outstanding jobs before making any modifications.
The modules of some printers include a similar configuration. Here’s how to access the settings. Keep in mind, however, that your model may alter the way you access the settings.
- Menu > Setup > Device configuration > LAN Configuration> Other Settings > WSD Configuration > Timeout Configuration >> ten minutes
You can save the modifications and run a power cycle according to the previous method. Then, try printing again.
You can easily fix another computer using the Canon MG3600 printer by following the steps. Follow the steps to find the answers to questions such as “How to fix C printer says another computer uses the printer?”