Amazon is one of the biggest online ecommerce site that offers unlimited products and services 24 hours a day. It is not neglectable. It is big enough that in 2012 one percent Internet from North America travel in and out from the data centers of Amazon.com.
The founder and CEO of Amazon.com is Jeff Bezos. He was born in 12 January 1964 at New Mexico, USA. So this is an article which will give you some interesting facts about amazon USA. So lets move on without waiting too much!!!
8 Interesting facts about Amazon USA
- It was started in 1995 by selling books online and now it is big and massive enough that it owns 41 subsidiaries and brands, more than 700 media Square Garden warehouse, more than 175 fulfilment centers with more than 150 million square feet space majority in Europe and North America
- It has 400,000 drivers worldwide and 40,000 semi trucks, 30,000 vans, and more than 70 planes.
- The number of employees according to December 2021 are 160 8000 and amazon USA employees are 9,50,000.
- The headquarters are located in Seattle, WA and most of its areas of involvement are ecommerce, cloud computing, Retail subscription, Kindle Fire, artificial intelligence, etc.
- About 50 % are Amazon USA prime subscribers and 70% of Americans with $150,000 or more have Amazon prime subscription.
- Amazon sells 4400 products from it’s huge platform per minute with its global selling partners.
- It was named Amazon because of at that time websites were listed alphabetically and the arrow heading from a to z in Amazon logo indicates that the website sells everything from A-Z
- Before Amazon it was named “Cadabra” which is the short form of magical word Abracadabra!
Also Read: kkvsh
It was all started from Jeff Bezos’s garage in 1995 as an online bookstore
It worked very productive and effectively in only one year that by December 1996 it has 1,80,000 customers account and then by October 1997 it reached 1000000 which means the revenue jumped from $15.7 million to $148 million in just very short time period and $ 618 million in 1998.
Jeff Bezos got featured on Time magazine cover as its “Person of the year” in 1999 and at 2012 the revenue reached $61 billion. Jeff Bezos was also referred as top Fourth on the best employers list in 2019 September by Forbes.
In 2019 September Amazon app has 150.6 million mobile subscribers and Amazon USA prime subscribers were 103 million in the number of products in 2019 were almost 119,928,85.
Today Jeff Bezos is world’s second most richest man and entrepreneur. He made yearly revenue of four $454 billion in 2022. He inspires a lot of new and young people to work harder and make their place in the industry.
Frequently Asked Questions about Amazon.com
Q: How much does Amazon cut as a referral fee?
It depends on the product category and it varies accordingly but the most average referral fee is from 8 to 15 percent.
Q: What is FBA program of Amazon USA?
FBA stands for fulfillment By Amazon and this program is to provide it’s sellers the services like storage, packaging, shipping assistance, etc.
Sellers ship their product to Amazon fulfillment centers and Amazon stores their product in it’s warehouse until an order is replaced then Amazon ships it directly to the buyer.
Q: How does Amazon works?
Amazon works very simply and productively with multi level commerce strategy where it provides it’s huge platform for the individual as well as professional from all around the world to sell anything they want by creating their account, listing the products, and selling anything from the seller’s central portal.
Q: How much does it cost to open a warehouse in an Amazon site?
If you are individual it will cost 0.9 dollars on every product and if you’re professional it will cost 39.99 dollars per month.
Q: How does Amazon make money?
Amazon makes money through its web services and retail subscriptions but retail subscription is the primary source of revenue including physical as well as online stores that make a very big share in the market
Q: What different brands and subsidiaries does Amazon own?
Amazon owns 41 brands and subsidiaries including food market, Amazon lab 126, Amazon Web service, Twitch, Ring, Amazon Music, Amazon Luna, Amazon prime, Amazon app, Amazon air, Amazon Alexa, Amazon App Store, Amazon.com, Amazon games, Amazon fresh, Amazon pharmacy, Amazon publishing, Amazon robotics, Amazon studios, Amazon logistics, audible, body labs, books deposit, ComiXology, digital, Photography, Review, Zappos, food market, Souq.com, pill pack, MGM holding, IMDb, MGM holdings, Graphiq, Goodreads, Erro HCV, A9.com, Abe books
Q: What is an average starting pay at amazon?
Amazon has a lot of employees and it pays very well for everyone accordingly. However the very starting pay at Amazon is 8 to 12 dollars per hour.
How to create an account on amazon?
Amazon’s specialty is that it offers simplicity and ease to it’s users customers and subscribers as much as possible. Likely the process of making an account is also very simple. Anyone can easily make it by themselves but if you are not able to do it by yourself then there is a simple guide for you:
- Go to Amazon.com which is an official website of Amazon and open the homepage.
- Then click on the three lines at the right corner then you will see a long bar having the option “Create an account” on top left corner if you haven’t any account. So click on it.
- This will lead you to another page where you have to provide some of your information.
- First of all you have to enter your email ID then your first name and last name, the mobile number or email for verification process and then they will ask you to create a strong password.
- You will be asked to solve the puzzle to verify that you’re a human not a robot.
- Then you will get a code known as OTP code in your email address. When you get it, enter it.
- Then you will be again asked to provide your mobile number and then this time you will be given your OTP code at your phone number to verify your number. When you get it enter at the box.
- Once verified; your account is successfully made now you’re free to sell anything you want!
How to buy on Amazon USA
The method to do online shopping on an Amazon is similar as regular physical stores. The only difference is that on Amazon you do not have to physically go anywhere, you can do online shopping just laying down on your bed virtually and on physical store you have to go out and buy your stuff.
- So first of all you should have your account in an Amazon. If you don’t them sign in as guided in the article.
- Then look for the department that may have your required product. When you will click on department you will have a lot of options to choose for example Home, garden and tools, Beauty, health and grocery, Toys, kids and baby, etc.
- For example you want to buy a dinner set you will choose Home, garden and tools which will lead you to further more options from where you will click on kitchen and dining and then just go and click on the dinner set that you want.
- When you will select your product you will get to know all of the required information of the product listed. The information is mostly about the product’s size, color, company, brand, price, reviews, etc.
- Once you are satisfied with any specific product then it is time to add your item in the cart, Click on QTY to select that how many of the products you want and click on “Add to cart”
- When you are done buying click on “Proceed to checklist”
- And then you have to provide your shipping address. You have to enter your first name, last name, your street address. If you live in an apartment then you have to enter a unit address, the city, the state, region or province, zip code, country, and phone number.
- You will be provided some optional delivery preferences click on your preferences and continue to move on
- View the order summary and click on the right option for you to ship your order and click on continue.
- Then you have to verify your payment method
- Once you verify then at last you just have to confirm the order and place it and then you will receive a confirmation email.
Amazon is one of the biggest platform in the world and it has its big name due to its very smooth and wonderful services. It offers its satisfying services all over the world . If you have any question, you can ask from the customer care service of Amazon USA and here is the contact no. of amazon care service: 001206-922-0880.
Discussion about this post